Our Instructor Development Program is one of the most complete Dive Instructor training programs available. Working together with Instructor Development Philippines, the only dual destination IDC program in the Philippines that operates through two PADI 5* CDC Dive Resorts and a non-profit Research Institute, we provide a wide range of experiences to prepare you for your professional career. This program will have you experiencing the highest level of Instructor Development Training, mixed with the most cutting edge training in Marine Conservation Science. As a graduating Instructor for IMR, not only will you gain the capacity to function in a research capacity, you will become a member of the Institutes dive team with the opportunity to lead dive courses in three different professional environments. This program is for motivated individuals who wish to make a dramatic step in their career, and become leading professionals in the world of diving and marine conservation science.
+ Instructor Development
Research Assistant + Instructor Development
- PADI Open Water SCUBA Instructor Certification.
- Learn to Instruct in three different professional environments
- Intimate knowledge of Coral Reef Ecosystems and Processes.
- Intimate knowledge of Coral Reef Species Identification within the Coral Triangle.
- Experience leading underwater research dives, PADI courses, and resort guests.
- Experience working with Marine Scientists in a professional environment.
- Experience cultivating innovative research methodology.
- Experience operating advanced underwater survey equipment.
- Data processing, statistical and analytical skills.
- Communicate science through Community Outreach Activities.
- ~50 training and science dives each month.
- Career guidance and job placement training.
- Minimum 18 years old.
- Medically evaluated and cleared for diving by a physician within 12 months.
- PADI Divemaster
- Minimum 6 months Open Water Certified
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Marine Science (or equivalent) is preferable but not essential.
- Minimum 3-month commitment.
- Airport or Ferry Pick-up from Dumaguete.
- 3 meals Monday – Saturday (Inlcuding Water, Tea and Coffee on site)
- Internet Access
- In-country Support
- IDC Package (more info)
- All training and survey dives (~50 per month)
- 11 x Coral Reef Ecology and Species Identification Lectures conducted by experienced Marine Scientists
- 2 x IMR T-shirts
- Welcome and Good-Bye Dinner
All prices are marked in Philippine pesos
|₱336,000 (₱112,000 p/m)|
- Visa (beyond 30 days)
- Travel and Diving Insurance
- SCUBA Equipment (Gear hire available)
- Additional drinks and excursions.
- Recreational dives (available on Sunday’s)
- PADI Instructor Crew Pack + PIC
- Master SCUBA Diver Training
2019 Course Dates
28th April 2019
28th May 2019
28th August 2019
28th November 2019
28th January 2020